Ronapreve is indicated for:
- Treatment of COVID-19 in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and older weighing at least 40 kg who do not require supplemental oxygen and who are at increased risk of progressing to severe COVID-19.
- Prevention of COVID-19 in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and older weighing at least 40 kg.
The use of Ronapreve should take into account information on the activity of Ronapreve against viral variants of concern.
Mode of Action
RONAPREVE is a highly potent cocktail of 2 targeted neutralising antibodies that can be administered directly into the bloodstream and increase the amount of highly specific antibodies in the system to neutralize virus more efficaciously. They bind to the surface of SARS-CoV-2 virus triggering its destruction by the immune system. The cocktail gives a boost to those who have not mounted a response on their own and hope to those who cannot protect themselves.
- Subcutaneous REGEN-COV Antibody Combination to Prevent Covid-19 ( part A) Meagan P. O’Brien et al. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2109682
- Subcutaneous REGEN-COV Antibody Combination in Early SARS-CoV-2 Infection Meagan P O'Brien ( part B) pre-print https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34159343/
- REGEN-COV Antibody Combination and Outcomes in Outpatients with Covid-19 David M. Weinreich et al. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108163
- REGN-COV2, a Neutralizing Antibody Cocktail, in Outpatients with Covid-19 David M. Weinreich et al. https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2035002
- Summary of Product Characteristic https://www.roche.pl/content/dam/rochexx/roche-pl/roche_poland_rwd/pl_PL/documents/SmPC/Ronapreve_1332.pdf
▼The medicinal product is additionally monitored. This will allow you to quickly identify new safety information. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions.
Reports of adverse reactions should be submitted to: Department of Monitoring Undesirable Effects of Medicinal Products, Office for Registration of Medicinal Products, Medical Devices and Biocidal Products, Al. Jerozolimskie 181 C, 02-222 Warsaw, phone: + 48 22 49 21 301; fax: + 48 22 49 21 309; website: https://smz.ezdrowie.gov.pl or Roche Polska Sp. z o.o., ul. Domaniewska 39 B, 02-672 Warsaw, tel. +48 22 345 18 88, fax +48 22 345 18 74 or using the application form available at www.roche.pl/portal/pl/zglaszanie_dzialan_niepozadanych.